Wednesday, March 22, 2006


Well, it's been a few days since I've last posted here... but I do have a pretty good excuse! I've been pretty busy (still working at getting all caught up, and it seems like the closer I get, the further behind I fall!). I have been working on some artwork though, mostly my two 'zines, but also some other fun stuff.

This is a picture of a recent button/card swap I participated in. I made the buttons out of polymer clay and embossing powder, and then after curing I brushed with a light coat of lacquer laminate to give them a seal and some shine. They were a lot of fun!

As I mentioned earlier, I've been working on my two 'zines. I've got all the material copied, I'm just assembling now. I have two 'zines that I'm working on, the first is an extremely personal issue that where I've focused on "Moving" ~ a quick, non-reflective look at my past tells me that I've moved some nearly 30 times in the less than 40 years that I've been alive, and that certainly gave me a lot of material to reflect upon.

The second 'zine I've dedicated to "decos" ~ one of my favorite little artforms! If you don't know what a deco is, perhaps you should order a 'zine from me to learn more! hehe!

As far as tea goes, this morning I'm enjoying an Irish Breakfast blend I received from a vendor recently. Quite nice. I like the robust edge of Irish Breakfast, and I've played around with my own recipes of Irish Breakfast blends. The recipe I finally came up with was a Creamy Irish Breakfast. The addition of vanilla creme flavor brings out the subtle, naturally caramel-ly characteristics of the teas, and helps to smooth out the vigorous flavors which make the Irish Breakfast blends... well... an Irish blend.

I'm all sold out on my Creamy Irish Breakfast for this year, and I will only be blending it once a year, just in time for St. Patty's day!

Over the past few days, I've come to a decision about my tea business, and how I'll be shaping my little company, but more on that at a later time. I have an appointment today that I'll be late for if I am to sit here all day and tell you about that!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: