Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring is Here!

Well, it's official, Spring has finally arrived in the Pacific Northwest! I wasn't sure it was going to arrive, because even though March 20th came and went, we were still experiencing a lot of wet, a lot of cold, some frost, and even some mention of snow in the forecasts (although, I don't think we actually got any snow after March 20th). So even though, technically, it was Spring... it didn't feel like Spring.

But it's actually becoming warm, daffodils and tulips are blooming, and it's finally starting to look like Spring! I even mowed the lawn this evening -- for the first time this year!

With the coming of Spring comes the inevitable allergy season, at least for me! My allergies typically start in late Winter (as things start to turn green and bloom), and last through early Fall. I am fortunate that I have plenty of my Allergi-TEA on hand, which really does help with the symptoms... especially the early morning symptoms! And it tastes great too!



Another thing that I've found that really does help is locally-harvested, raw honey. I use this in my tea whenever I can find it! Unfortunately, it is rather spendy. I've heard from other people that they used the local honey for a year or two, and it eliminated their allergies. I haven't been so lucky, perhaps because I haven't been buying it on a regular basis.

So, happy Spring everyone!

~Anne

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: