Thursday, November 08, 2007

it's been a while!

Well, I'm sorry about that... I have neglected my tea journal once again!

I've been working on several new blends... well, one of them is not so new... It's one that I had been working on for a while a year or so ago, but, I shelved it as I wasn't getting quite the flavor I was looking for... so I thought I'd try again.

That flavor is what I will probably call "fresh cookies" or "warm cookies" ~ a tribute, so to speak, to my gramma... or more specifically, my gramma's kitchen. There are few flavors and scents more comforting than the smell of cookies baking in the oven... nothing transports me back to being a young girl, helping my gramma in the kitchen, than the fragrance of cookies, freshly baked! This blend will probably not be done until around February, because, I have another tea priority at the moment, and that is...

My Winter Wonderland blend. I have a couple of different recipes "brewing" as we speak, and in about a week, I will be sampling them both and seeing which I like best (well, I'm hopeful that I will like at least one!) and it will be my special wintery flavor that I blend only one time a year. I wanted something that was very reminiscent of those flavors that remind one of the holiday season -- cinnamon spice, orange, vanilla, and possibly cranberry. We shall see how the recipes work out... more on that when it's ready for production!

Anyways, so that's what I've been up to. I need to get busy now... and get my daughter off to school! Thanks for reading along!

~Anne

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: