Saturday, October 21, 2006

Saturday, October 21: 3:13 pm

Hello Everyone!

Well, it's been a couple of weeks since my last update... I've been very consumed with the Gleaner zine swap. Now that all the packages have been mailed off and out of my studio, I can try to get it organized! Ha! Good luck with that right? I should keep it that way, as sort of a horror display since halloween is coming up!

I've also been working on a little art...... here first are a few ATCs I've worked on for my Monthly Freestyle swap. This time around, I decided to go with an Asian Theme. I call them "Asian Serendipity with Bird 1, 2 & 3" (from left to right). Here they are...
I find that I'm a lot happier with my ATCS when I space the time that I work on them... that is... when I work on them frequently, I find that I'm less inspired to do them... but when I work on them on a more occasional basis, I'm a lot happier with them.
Since these are the first I've done in some time, I'm happy! :)
<><><>
Another project I'm involved in is with my group is a calendar project. There are 13 artists involved in this project... Each of the artists is to create 1 piece of artwork (8 x 10.5 inches) for a full sized calendar, and mail it to me. Then I'll be taking the finished pages to Office Depot and having them turn the artwork into a printed, 8.5 x 11 calendar!
The artwork that's been submitted thus far has been astounding! I really am proud to be part of this group!
The page that I made changed a bit from the beginning, as I was originally supposed to do the month of May... but then with a couple of people dropping out and a few people joining in to replace them... I now have the month of March. Rather than doing a collage which is what I would have typically turned to... I decided that I'd do something entirely new to me! Needle felting!
WOW! I had so much fun with this project! I really love needle felting... yes, it's takes a lot of time (a little more than 8 hours!) to do a piece (the reason it took me so long is because I don't have one of those nifty needle handles that hold several needles at once... guess what's on my Christmas list now?)... but I SOOOO loved doing it! Here is my finished piece!


What do you think?

Thanks for reading along!

~Anne

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

I like it Anne.
It is VERY folk, and Very HIP!

Amber

Anonymous said...

Lovely, but I don't think I would have the patience to do that for 8 hours! I did see, I believe on Carol Duvall show, where a needle felter made her own multiple needle tool by embedding the needles in poly clay... might be worth a try!

Anonymous said...

Anne, that's beautiful. The texture shows up very well. The Clover felting needles are available at several of the fabric store chains now, so hopefully you will receive one for Christmas!